Learn How You Can Vote Early or Vote If You Are Unable To Make It To Your Precinct Polling Location On August 14th, 2018
Early voting started June 29th 2018 for the August 14th, 2018 Primary. Below you’ll find the instructions from MN State of State website.
To be eligible to vote in Minnesota you must:
• Be at least 18 years old on Election Day
• Be a citizen of the United States
• Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding Election Day
• Have any felony conviction record discharged, expired or completed
• Not be under court-ordered guardianship where a court has revoked your voting rights
• Not have been ruled legally incompetent by a court of law
Registered to vote? You do not have to be registered to vote to apply for an absentee ballot, but it makes the process easier. You can check your voter registration status online. If you need to register or update your voter registration, you may want to do that online before applying for an absentee ballot.
To complete this application online you must:
• Be eligible to register and vote in Minnesota
• Provide an email address
• Provide your identification number: MN-issued driver’s license, Minnesota ID card or last 4 digits of Social Security Number
If you do not have an email address and one of the identification numbers above, you cannot apply for your absentee ballot online. You may apply with a paper absentee ballot application.
If you are an active duty military or overseas voter, do not use this application. Use the special application for military and overseas voters.
If you already submitted your application, do not submit another one online; use the Absentee Ballot Lookup to find out where your absentee ballot is in the process, or contact your county election office.
Use the link below to complete your application for federal, state and county elections.
Contact Information From SOS Website:
ELECTIONS PHONE NUMBERS:
Metro Area: 651-215-1440
Greater MN: 1-877-600-VOTE (8683)
MN Relay Service: 711
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
ELECTIONS & ADMINISTRATION ADDRESS:
180 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Information found here on this page is from the Minnesota Secretary of State Website: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/