If you would like to take a break from politics and meet your neighbors, or check out the Como Park Neighborhood, you’re in luck Como Fest is here again.
Here is a list from the District 10 Como Park Community Council Website published on July 10, 2018.
ComoFest returns again this summer, with affordable family fun for everyone the last three weekends of July. Here’s what you don’t want to miss:
- Friday July 20: Lyngblomsten Mid-Summer Festival, 2-8 p.m., 1415 Almond Ave. Mid-Summer Festival celebrates how Lyngblomsten is promoting artistic exploration, wellness, and lifelong learning for older adults 365 days a year. The day includes an arts showcase featuring works created by older adults, make-and-take art activities, live music and entertainment, wellness opportunities, food, games, and more! Admission is free; food and activities are priced for affordable fun. Map
- Saturday July 21: ComoFest 5k Walk/Run for Everyone (benefiting Como Park Falcon Heights Living at Home Block Nurse Program), 8-10 a.m., Como Lakeside Pavilion, 1360 Lexington Parkway. $15 for youth age 16 or younger; $25 if you’re older than that. If you’re running, join the neighborhood team challenge. If you’re not running, volunteer! Register for the run
- Sunday July 22: ComoFest Art Fair, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., on the Promenade at Como Lakeside Pavilion,1360 Lexington Parkway. Music by the Home Fires from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.. Map
- Friday July 27: Northwest Como Movie Night and Campout, 6:45 p.m. until Saturday morning. Pre-movie activities include a boys v. girls U12 softball game (6 p.m.) and a taekwondo demonstration (8:15 p.m.). There also will be bounce house, DJ, lawn games, crafts and other kids’ activities, face-painting, bonfire and concessions. An outdoor showing of “Beauty and the Beast” (2017 version) begins about 9 p.m. If it rains, the movie will move inside. Register for the campout. 1550 Hamline. Map
- Saturday July 28: Community Appreciation Picnic, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., including hot dogs, treats and games. Como Park’s “shortest marathon” begins at 1:15 p.m. TopLine Federal Credit Union, 976 Lexington Parkway Map
- Saturday July 28: Gabe’s Mini Mingle, 1-5 p.m. Miniature golf, mini-donuts, a mini-beer-tasting festival, and music. On the west parking lot at Gabe’s by the Park, 991 Lexington Parkway. Map