Chief of Police
Do you have a question:
Chief Todd Axtell has been honored to serve the citizens of Saint Paul for 27 years. He has risen through the ranks within the Saint Paul Police Department and has served in patrol, investigative and administrative assignments. In June 2016, Chief Axtell was appointed by Mayor Chris Coleman as Saint Paul’s 41st Chief of Police.
In his role as the department’s leader, Chief Axtell’s main priorities are:
• Addressing gun and gang violence,
• Diversifying the police department at all ranks, and
• Reaching historic levels of community engagement by implementation of a new Community Engagement Unit.
Our community has a number of services which may be useful to those in need of mental health resources.
- Ramsey County Crisis: 651-266-7900
- Children’s Mental Health: 651-266-7878
- Veteran’s Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- Ramsey County Adult Mental Health Urgent Care Center, 402 E. University.
Information on this page is from: https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/police/administration-office-chief